[FFmpeg-devel] [Error] Reading FFmpeg H.264 video

Måns Rullgård mans
Fri Jun 4 17:53:09 CEST 2010

"Nicolas Mivielle" <nmivielle at betomorrow.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I try to compile FFmpeg for Android device with NEON activated.

Wrong mailing list.

> This is my GCC options : "-mcpu=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=softfp
> -mfpu=neon -fPIC -mthumb-interwork -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables
> -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -O2"

Why do you use those options and not the ones our configure script
sets?

> And my configure options : "--target-os=linux --cross-prefix=arm-eabi-
> --arch=arm --enable-neon --enable-sram --enable-pic --enable-pthreads
> --enable-armv5te --enable-armv6  --enable-armv6t2 --enable-armvfp
> --disable-yasm --enable-iwmmxt--disable-mmx --disable-mmx2
> --disable-amd3dnow --disable-amd3dnowext --disable-sse --disable-ssse3
> -enable-static"

You can get rid of just about all those options.

> When I try to read an MP4 with H.264 video codec with this command line :
>
> ./ffmpeg -i myvideo.mp4
>
> I have this error :
> [1] + Stopped (signal)
> And :
> [1]   Segmentation fault

That's not enough information to comment on.  In fact, it's not any
information at all.  Please follow the bug reporting instructions.

> When I try to debug why there is a segmentation fault it return a fault in
> this function : ff_vector_fmul_window_neon in dsputil_neon.S

That function has nothing to do with h264.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com