[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Releases

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jun 10 19:27:36 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 05:00:26PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:
>
> > Was it worth an afternoon's work?  Yes.
>
> You forget the work other people have to explain that it's everything but "new".

For hundreds of hours?

Seriously, it was clearly marked as a point release from the 0.5 branch:

  May 25, 2010

  We have just pushed out another point release from our 0.5 release
  branch: FFmpeg 0.5.2. This is a maintenance-only release that addresses
  a small number of security and portability issues. Distributors and
  system integrators are encouraged to update and share their patches
  against this branch.

You will have to explain more than that release is not new to people that
don't understand the above...

Diego