[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev
Sat Jun 12 13:44:42 CEST 2010

On 6/12/10, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:37:17 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
>>I noticed that more and more people started to use git instead of svn to
>>contribute to ffmpeg, I'm wondering if the times are now mature to
>>switch to git.
>>
>>Could you please raise (again) your concerns about switching to git?
>
> was a suitable workaround for revision numbers made?
>
> i dislike having to use hashes as a way to tell how old an ffmpeg
> version is.

I'm not sure if it is possible with current git, but one optimal
solution would be revision number to be used as git commit message.
The current svn commit massages would go as git notes. It would allow
"spellchecking" after commit.