[FFmpeg-devel] [CHECKLIST] what is preventing us from switch to git

Michael Karcher ffmpeg
Sun Jun 13 00:26:54 CEST 2010

Am Samstag, den 12.06.2010, 19:38 +0200 schrieb Reimar D?ffinger:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:43:51PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
> > > * We need to document, a short cheat sheet that lists the
> > >   git equivalents to the common svn commands (that of course before
> > >   a switch is done)
> >
> > There are many such guides already written and available on the internet.
> That does not remove the need for above. Also I still have no idea how to
> fix commit messages on a remote repository without risk of breaking other
> people's checkout.
You can't. If a commit is pushed into a public repository, you can't
change anything (neither files nor message) anymore. As long as it's
only in your private repository, use "git commit --amend".

Regards,
  Michael Karcher