[FFmpeg-devel] Patches from XBMC

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jun 29 19:40:11 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 05:25:57PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/5090fb9a1aa18b6a702b321968d35853cf3f4447
> I wonder what this is about since MPlayer shows DVB teletext with -demuxer lavf

I think this is a different encoding mode, the one already supported is an embedded
teletext _data_ stream, whereas that other format probably contains the sampled values
of the VBI area of the video, which I think might not only contain teletext but could
also contain closed-captions etc.
However a sample would be very interesting, though if it is what I suspect it might be
more accurate to export this as a raw grayscale video stream...