[FFmpeg-devel] [HACK] CDQ "support" for mov demuxerr

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Jun 29 21:52:16 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 02:04:15PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 06/24/2010 11:27 AM, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >Hello,
> >attached patch allows playing of at least the video part of CDQ files.
> >Sample: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/mov/SR125.CDQ
> >It obviously needs some work, but I don't know the mov format and
> >our demuxer well enough to guess how to implement this right,
> >so I'd like to hear your comments.
> >And yes, this hack does not really work right, some of the tracks it creates
> >aren't right (created as rawvideo with no dimensions)...
>
> Very interesting, I worked a bit on this, basically adding parsing
> functions.
> I'm not sure how to retrieve music data though, there is probably
> info in these atoms, run with -debug 1 and see.

Yes, there is metadata stuff like album name, track name, artists,
pictures.
The atoms contain file offset and size of the associated data (mostly
strings, but some special image format for pictures).