[FFmpeg-devel] Patches from XBMC

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Jun 30 00:46:45 CEST 2010

Joakim Plate <elupus at ecce.se> writes:

>> http://gitorious.org/theuni/ffmpeg/commit/f90139a601e8670c8e9f8a308d46bb21e4451d45
>> I think I have tested this patch many times, but it does not fix anything
>> (except the "fps" output). But I'd love to be corrected since this is the
>> second-most reported problem after the already mentioned 1086, iirc.
>
> It fixes much for us. Way smoother playback of the rmvb file. Atleast it
> used to anyway, we use something similar to mplayer's autosync sync
> method. This smooths over timestamps errors by using fps. This went totally
> bonkers at the wrong fps.

I tried this patch, and while the frame rate reported is now looking
sane, the timestamps are still messed up with lots of duplicates.  The
end result is that ffmpeg discards loads of frames and duplicates many
others.  Without the patch, it drops every second frame.  It's hard to
say which is worse.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com