[FFmpeg-devel] Hi Request for Small Tasks for GSoC 2010

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Mar 2 04:20:01 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:04:07PM +0530, Mohamed Naufal wrote:
> On 23 February 2010 17:34, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> > shankhs ch <shankhsps <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Thanx Carl
> >
> > And please do not top-post on the mailing lists, it is considered very rude.
> >
> > Carl Eugen

> Hi
> I am interested in the New Seeking API GSoC task. I am currently
> working on the YOP playback system small task (the original patch was
> submitted by another person, I am just tying to make it
> commit-worthy). These are the questions I have
> 1. Is my small task good enough for consideration for GSoC?

i think yop is an acceptable small task
of course it always depends on what the others do, how many slots
google will give us, if there are other students wanting to do the
same gsoc project, ...

> 2. If so, is it good enough for the seeking api task? Else, what task
> would it be most suited for?

thats probably something the seeking api mentor can awnser better,
but he isnt around it seems and you already worked on this since a
while so i gues it makes sense to continue working on yop. We are
considering whatever students did do anyway, so as long as you do
something that has a positive effect on getting a slot.

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides