[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCh] aac parser: Don't write channels, sample rate, and frame size each frame

Robert Swain robert.swain
Tue Mar 2 09:50:13 CET 2010

On 02/03/10 02:31, Alex Converse wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:16:48PM -0500, Alex Converse wrote:
>>> They are part of the invariant header and shouldn't change each frame
>>> anyway. This prevents them from overwriting information provided by
>>> backwards compatible extensions.
>>
>> what you attached does not match the description
>>
>> besides "shouldn't change" gives me a strange feeling ...
>> if we can support it changing it would be a nice "wish/feature request"
>
> According to the AAC specification they changing these vales from frame to
> frame is forbidden. They are part of the fixed header.

If it's what the spec says, I would say apply. We can deal with backlash
from bad files if we need to, especially as it's a simple change set.

Regards,
Rob