[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCh] aac parser: Don't write channels, sample rate, and frame size each frame

Alex Converse alex.converse
Wed Mar 3 11:06:32 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:16:48PM -0500, Alex Converse wrote:
>> They are part of the invariant header and shouldn't change each frame
>> anyway. This prevents them from overwriting information provided by
>> backwards compatible extensions.
>
> what you attached does not match the description
>
> besides "shouldn't change" gives me a strange feeling ...
> if we can support it changing it would be a nice "wish/feature request"

This patch appears to be necessary for either the put a hack in
av_find_stream_info() or fix all the demuxers approach to handling
backwards compatible SBR. It breaks nothing we already support as far
as I can tell.

Based on that should we move forward with it, make some changes to it,
or try to move to a new approach?

[patch re-attched]

--Alex