[FFmpeg-devel] Compilation broken on PPC/OS X 10.4

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Mar 8 15:40:56 CET 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 03:57:24PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Since rev 22267, compilation of libavcodec/ppc/check_altivec.c is broken
> >> on OS X, if compiling with a 10.4 SDK. (This doesn't happen if compiling
> >> with the 10.5 SDK.) The error is:
> >>
> >> /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/signal.h:71: error: 'NSIG'
> >> undeclared here (not in a function)
> >>
> >> There's a dependency between sys/signal.h (implicitly included through
> >> dsputil_altivec.h) and signal.h (included through sys/sysctl.h); NSIG is
> >> defined in sys/signal.h, only if it's going to be used by signal.h. If the
> >> _POSIX_C_SOURCE defined is changed inbetween, NSIG is required without
> >> being defined.
> >>
> >> The attached patch is one way of solving this, although perhaps not the
> >> cleanest.
> >>
> >> Other suggestions on how to fix it, or the usual "broken platform" flames?
> >> :-)
> >
> > I complained about that yesterday on IRC, David said it compiles fine on
> > 10.5/PPC though, so it may be definitely a case of broken platform.
>
> Is 10.4 at all relevant nowadays?

For normal usage, not particularly, but I think it still is a relatively
common binary compatibility baseline; I still compile most release stuff
for 10.4, but don't know about others. VLC seems to have moved on to 10.5
as a base line for new stuff, at least.

// Martin