[FFmpeg-devel] idct/fdct optimizations on arm

Pavel Pavlov pavel
Tue Mar 9 03:02:02 CET 2010

I read doc/optimization.txt and I have a question.
I'm using h263 video encoder and swscaler to stretch images and I'm kind of low on CPU power (windows mobile, arm11 cpu). I have some custom code to use hardware acceleration for idct/fdct. I see there are optimized version for arm in libavcodec/arm/, so I just wanted to ask 1) if I can get noticeable improvements in video encoder with more optimized idct code and 2) if it's easy to do (to hook up custom functions for that) :)
Also, it seems that my code suffers the most from swscale (I timed execution times and, surprisingly, stretching an image takes more time than h263 encoding) and there is no optimized version for arm in swscale