[FFmpeg-devel] Optimal Huffman Codes for (M)JPEG

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Mar 9 16:51:33 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:06:51PM -0800, David Sanders wrote:
> Can anyone confirm if https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue267 is still an open
> issue? I'd like to work on it as a GSoC qualification task, but I wanted to
> make sure it's still an issue since it was posted 2+ years ago.

i think its still open, yes

> Also, if it is an open issue, could someone point me towards the existing
> code in the codebase? Would be very much appreciated.

libavcodec/mjpegenc.c
libavcodec/mjpeg.c

and do you already know which gsoc project you would want to work on
during summer?
iam asking as id like to resolve conflicts between students early and
for some projects, some qualification tasks are better than others

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali