[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Wed Mar 10 00:39:09 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Frank Barchard <fbarchard <at> google.com> writes:
>
> > I'll pass that along to their compiler team.
>
> Your comments sound as if you are actually using icc.

No, but it produces better code for Atom, so its interesting.

> Do you know that several workarounds are needed to get a (correctly)
> working
> executable?

I'll point out the ALS bug.

I'm trying to get Intel to directly respond to Mans' question on GCC version
compatibility.
I think the ICC compiler should be changed to support the following
attributes:

__attribute__((cold))__attribute__((flatten))__attribute__((force_align_arg_pointer))__attribute__((may_alias))

and then report at least gcc 4.3 front end compatibility
So the ifdef can be simplified to just
#if AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST(4,3)