[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] larger PCM packets from avidec

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Mar 10 07:52:01 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:34:44AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:34:04PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > Hello,
> > with the sample in MPlayer/incoming/demux-avi/mjpg-pcm.avi the AVI demuxer
> > returns audio packets of 128 bytes size each (in this case, 3ms worth of data),
> > causing quite a overhead.
> > It's not a big issue, but it seems too extreme and since there's no comment
> > on the code how that value was chosen I'd like to hear comments.
> > I guess the 1024 of patch below would be going too far in the other direction,
> > it's just meant as an example.
>
> your patch does not work
> sample_size=32 is the smallest and it is not increased by your patch

Yes, I realized shortly afterwards it would not "fix" all cases, however
it does work for the sample I talked about.
The main point was: why is this size limitation there at all? Without knowing
that any patch is just going to be a hack.