[FFmpeg-devel] Java implementation of MPEG4 codec

Tomas Härdin tomas.hardin
Wed Mar 10 09:08:06 CET 2010

Hi

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 20:55 -0800, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A friend of mine is looking for a Java implementation of MPEG4 codec.
> Or more precisely for somebody who can add some MPEG4 capabilities
> to an existing Java application. This could be a paying gig. If you are
> interested please reply to me off list.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

If your target platform does not require pure Java then I suspect
Xuggler may be of use to you. It's basically a JNI binding to FFmpeg,
which means you can call libav* from Java. I had a look at it a while
back and it looked alright. There's even a bunch of introduction videos
for it on Youtube.

See http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/

/Tomas