[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Thu Mar 11 02:39:32 CET 2010

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:

> Currently 10.1.022 passes all FATE tests on x86_64, while 11.0.083 and
> 11.1.059 pass the tests on x86_32.  All other combinations fail one or
> more tests.

10.1 32 bit works, Reimar just broke one float test while FATE wasn't working,
and I am too lazy to regression test.
11.1 64 bit mostly works (with -parallel which I recommend anyway), 11.0 64 bit
is quite broken. I think it makes sense to keep the FATE test, so everybody sees
that it is broken.
Even if we agree that 11.1 is also broken, I fear we have to support it since it
is the only version Intel supports (according to their answer on bugreports) ...

> If the gcc compat mapping isn't too complicated for the versions we
> want choose to support, we could put that logic into the
> AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST macro.

I don't think this would work reliably, no matter how few versions we decide to
support.

> That would keep all the complexity in
> one place, and we wouldn't need to worry when using that macro.

I continue to volunteer to take care of these worries.

Carl Eugen