[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 0.6 status update

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat Mar 13 18:19:48 CET 2010

On date Saturday 2010-03-13 17:24:28 +0100, Reinhard Tartler encoded:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 15:09:12 (CET), Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>
> > Currently, we plan to try Mar 13 as date X, but depending on the
> > resulting discussion about this announcement, we can also delay it a few
> > days/weeks. Depending on the condition of the 0.6 branch on day X + 7
> > (this might be Mar 20), we can ideally release in the week between 22-27
> > of Mar.
>
> Okay, that would be then today. looking at FATE [1], things seems to be
> mostly fine, with some known test failures. The single known build
> failure is on ia64 and caused by a gcc bug (according to mans, our .bss
> segment is about 5MB, but gcc fails to handle that, so *shrug*).
>
> Regarding the other FATE test suite failures, does anyone care to get
> them fixed for 0.6? And more importantly, does anyone have good reasons
> or pending patches to delay creating the branch for one week? In any
> case, we will still accept/backport selected changes for another week,
> but we need to know if trunk is currently a good basis for a new
> release.

There was the idea to include libavfilter integration in ffmpeg for
the 0.6 release, that would IMO be a huge bonus so maybe it would be
worth to wait some more time for having it.

Apparently there is just one big issue to be fixed before that, avoid
an unneeded picture copy in ffmpeg.

I'm not completely sure this can be addressed in less than a week,
I'll try to give a stab at it in this weekend then we'll see if it is
reasonable to delay the release for this.

And as always help in this area is particularly appreciated.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Free and Fiendish Mythic Picky Eretic Game