[FFmpeg-devel] RTMPE support

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Mar 15 18:10:51 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Kostya wrote:

> Yet I'd like to hear from major contributors whether we need native RTMP
> support or can ditch it for rtmpdump interface. Vad tror du?

As many of the issues (except for adding support for RTMPE/RTMPS and such)
seem to be minor fixes not needing any larger rewrites, I'd prefer seeing
them fixed in the current native implementation, too.

As for internal vs external, as we have a quite decent implementation
currently, I don't want that to be dropped for an potentially optional
external library, which may put people in a situation with no RTMP support
at all, instead of having an implementation that's always available,
albeit with some drawbacks. If the implementation can be chosen at compile
time, it's a different issue of course, but then the internal
implementation probably won't be maintained much...

// Martin