[FFmpeg-devel] RTMPE support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Mar 15 18:46:00 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 03:20:29AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> >[...]
> >
> >>I don't think the patch should disable the current code (did you open
> >>bug-reports for the cases where it does not work?) and your new file contains
> >>tabs that cannot be committed to svn (please consider running tools/patcheck).
> >
> >I forgot that your patch adds a license issue as-is.
> >In case the rtmp maintainer rejects your patch and you host it somewhere to
> >allow people to use it, please change it so librtmp support only gets compiled
> >if --enable-gpl was used for configure.
>
> librtmp is LGPL.

I don't think so.
It includes openssl/ssl.h unconditionally which at least on my system includes e.g. this:
> * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
> *    must display the following acknowledgement:
and thus AFAICT is GPL-incompatible.
Thus librtmp can not be LGPL, and a --enable-gpl FFmpeg linked against this
would be non-redistributable (for Linux system maybe you could claim the system
library exception in the GPL, but at least Windows binary with librtmp for all I can
tell would be a huge issue).