[FFmpeg-devel] Fix FFM-based audio streaming from FFmpeg to FFserver

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Mar 17 00:27:48 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Also maybe you can use AVOption to simplify copying. (and we can extend
> AVOptions if you have ideas that would simplify clone())

The problem here is more "who owns what" - does the encoder/decoder
own/ref/free data? Or the user?

Anyway, you're right that a local function isn't useful, my suggested
avcodec_context_copy() will probably take a few days but I'm gonna
give it a try, there's too many places where we hack around this
already so it's worth a shot.

Ronald