[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffplay direct rendering with libavfilter

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Mar 21 23:52:55 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 09:30:52PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
> > Ideally the VO should be able to provide buffers to the filter chain
> > and the filter chain should then be able to reorder them, draw into
> > them and return them.
> > iam not even sure if SDL can handle arbitrary number of buffers ...
> > either way i think this is low priority compared to getting ffmpeg.c
> > libavfilter support.
> > But if someone wants to work on this it should be kept as SDL indepandant
> > as possible so we can add some other (not so badly sucking) video out
> > support.
>
> I wanted to suggest an OpenGL glplay as a Google SoC project.

I don't overly like the idea that it might just end up duplicating code
from MPlayer's vo_gl...

> Is there a mentor? I fear Reimar won't have enough time, correct?

It's definitely a risk. I am sure I have enough time to help a really
motivated etc. student along, however if it's someone who doesn't feel
confident enough to nag me until they get a sufficient response when
they are stuck that might be a problem.