[FFmpeg-devel] ICC version checks

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Mon Mar 22 05:06:15 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Frank Barchard <fbarchard <at> google.com> writes:
>
> > They ask if you could file a bug for the ALS bug.
>
> I opened a bug at Intel: issue 583664,

Thanks Carl.. passed along.

Regarding the original question of:
#if (!defined(__ICC) || __ICC > 1110) && AV_GCC_VERSION_AT_LEAST(4,3)
This is some feedback on versions:

The purpose of the construct is to provide as good of a check as possible
for code compatibility between ICC and GCC.  Depending on which version of
GCC and ICC you use the compilers are compatible but it is almost impossible
to maintain complete compatibility across all versions of GCC and ICC.

For more information on which compiler versions are compatible between ICC
and GCC see the following:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/284736.htm

Also see the following Whitepapers and other documents:

Whitepapers:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compiler-professional-editions-white-papers/

Linux compiler docs:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-compiler-professional-edition-for-linux-documentation/