[FFmpeg-devel] ABI regression testing

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Tue Mar 23 00:08:47 CET 2010

Hi,

I updated my ffmpeg shared library and it break application build with old libraries. AFAIK it shouldn't happen because
when binary interface change major number is updated.

For avoiding such regression, I was thinking : why not making a regression test similar to fate ?

For each update, we try the regression tests with the old binaries and new libraries.
The old binaries are :
- a binary of each minor version of the current major version
- the older binary of the current major/minor version

Matthieu