[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] Check and act on missing/wrong CSeq in rtsp

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Mar 24 22:38:32 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> rtsp has a sequence number. Currently ffmpeg ignores it, other clients
> do validation on it.
>
> On wrong cseq we could:
>
> - Warn about it
>
> - Warn about it and overwrite it
>
> - Error out
>
> Here a stupid patch to emit the warning and overwrite.

rt->seq is our outgoing sequence counter, right? Is that intended to
be used here? Note how setting reply->seq has no effect at this point
because we're not actually using it, so you might just as well "just"
warn.

The overwrite would have to overwrite rt->seq with reply->seq, else it
would trigger for every subsequent incoming message, I believe...

Ronald