[FFmpeg-devel] Help required...

Attila Kinali attila
Thu Mar 25 17:21:51 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:34:14 +0530
Aryan Singh <aryanneverfails at gmail.com> wrote:

> So should i select some other project ? from where...

I think you did not understand that FFmpeg requires from
every student to finish a qualification task. This qualification
task is needed to judge whether you are a good enough programmer
to work on FFmpeg. If you cannot finish this qualification task
there is a high chance that you will fail at the GSoC task and
thus would have wasted your and our time.

For more information read:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code_2010#Qualification_tasks

So the next thing you should do is:
1) Select one of the small tasks from http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks
2) Program everything necessary
3) Send the patch to ffmpeg-devel and make sure you follow the
   patch submission guide lines.

I hope this clears up a few things

			Attila Kinali
--