[FFmpeg-devel] Problem

compn tempn
Sat Mar 27 19:58:29 CET 2010

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:58:52 +0530, Aryan Singh wrote:
>Hi,
>
>      Here will i have to write a program to decode the data and play the
>movie ?
>can i be able to do this in C... or do you feel that that option is up to me
>to do it in any of the languages ?

yes, it would be best in C. also you would be working in the ffmpeg
code. hopefully all that needs to be done is to write a demuxer. there
is some small information about it here:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_demuxer_howto

but its better to just read some other video game demuxers in
ffmpeg/libavformat/ source.

>And more over i will need to study more about this VP3 format right and so i
>would like to have the related information and other details. Would you be
>kind to help me find that... or from where shall i get it...?

you can read up on vp3 here:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=VP3
http://multimedia.cx/vp3-format.txt

or in the sourcecode in ffmpeg/libavcodec/vp3.c

-compn