[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Mar 31 04:25:51 CEST 2010

On 03/30/2010 07:16 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier<baptiste.coudurier at gmail.com>  writes:

>>> Streamcopy of anything out of mkv always fails in the same way.
>>> Trivially hacked up tools to simply dump packets to a file do the
>>> right thing...
>>
>> That is just false. It fails in some specific cases, and only with
>> H.264 and B-pyramid AFAIK.
>
> I guess those specific cases are all mkv files on my hard disk.  And
> in "anything" I also include audio.

What codec ?

The problem with mkv is that it doesn't contain dts, to remux to mp4,
you _absolutely_ need dts. To compute correct dts you need the correct
delay.

Then you have mkv storing timestamps per block, you have to interpolate
the timestamps per frame to remux it to mp4 by example.

Don't imply "streamcopying" _online_ is easy as saying it, please.
Offline is _easier_ but is also not realistic when dealing with huge files.

> Also, please keep discussions on-list.

Yes, sorry about that.

--
Baptiste COUDURIER