[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Wed Mar 31 12:38:58 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> both ffplay and ffmpeg can handle missing timestamps by just assuming
> constant framerate. This works fine with when it actually is constant
> framerate but with things like telecine or paff frame/field mixes it can
> fail unless the container stores timestamps for each frame OR falls in the
> 25% of h264 timestamp handling that was implemented.
> I do not know how many of the real world h264 + audio files fall in the
> category. But if i belive the reports ive seen at least h264 in matroska
> does not fall in the implemented 25%.

Note that issue 807 (what I assume this thread is about) does not contain a
single PAFF sample.

And I don't believe there is an open issue about matroska files containing PAFF
(but I agree that the one sample I have only seems to be handled correctly).

(So the question is: Which "reports" do you mean?)

Carl Eugen