[FFmpeg-devel] feeding FFmpeg with images

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu May 6 00:17:02 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 11:09:44PM +0200, V?ctor Paesa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 18:47, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 04:55:17PM +0200, Dennis Yurichev wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> For image2 option: it seems, it is not possible to set timestamps for
> >> all input images? Only possible to set framerate? If I want to add this
> >> feature, what is the best place if FFmpeg to start hacking?
> >>
> >> I probably need to modify img_read_header() and img_read_packet(). What
> >> structures fields I should use?
> >
> > I think the best way would be a video filter that allows precisse timestamp
> > manipulation /adjustment/replacing
>
> You mean vf_setpts.c ?

/me wants to kill soc-svn
why is this not in main svn?

besides the syntax is probably not convenient
if you have drawn 100 images and a mp3 and want to make a movie of that
doing this as a sinle equation really inconvenient. a list of equations
for input frame num/ or input timestamp ranges would be much nicer

If a bugfix only changes things apparently unrelated to the bug with no
further explanation, that is a good sign that the bugfix is wrong.