[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN eric2.valette
Thu May 6 16:52:15 CEST 2010

On 05/06/2010 04:41 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN<eric2.valette at orange-ftgroup.com>  writes:
>

>>> The file you are talking about uses the C language.  It does not work
>>> in Fortran, Java, ADA, Scheme, COBOL, or Modula-3 to name but a few.
>>> What makes you think it should work with C++?
>>>

>> Except that C++ program can include C headers file via the extern "C"
>> trick
>>
> Apparently not.

If you make no effort to make it happen sure. There are indeed few
incompatibilities. The real question you should ask yourself is: do I
want to ffmepg libaries be used by C++ program? Answering no means you
do not care for exemple QT/KDE program to use ffmpeg libraries simply.

As already said, most decent C libaries provide C++ compatible include
files, the libc being the first exemple that comes to mind but many
graphical C libraries like X11 come just after it.

Before the commit mentioned in another post it was not a problem. Now it is.

The language argument sounds a bit like: I want to keep my "C" blood
pure and do not mix with other race.

-- eric