[FFmpeg-devel] use of UINT64_C in libavutil/common.h

Alex Converse alex.converse
Thu May 6 17:17:31 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM, VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN
<eric2.valette at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> On 05/06/2010 05:04 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
>>
>> On 05/06/2010 03:30 PM, VALETTE Eric RD-MAPS-REN wrote:
>>

>>> Sure but some important programs using it are written in C++ and use the
>>> ffmpeg includes via the "extern C" trick.
>>>

>> Some important programs written in python, java and ruby use ffmpeg as
>> well... We do not maintain wrapper for such languages nor C++...
>
> well the libc, x11 do not maintain bindings for such languages but do for
> C++

1) Actually it's funny you mention that because using libc headers in
C++ is deprecated.
2) So you are asking our project to behave more like glibc? Be careful
what you wish for...