[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-03-28

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri May 7 17:37:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:03:14PM -0400, Alexander Strange wrote:
[...]

> Use case 2:
> I want ffprobe to read and print the AVPacket for every frame in a file for more demuxer regression testing and so we can investigate timestamp issues more easily.
> It should be able to do it with/without parsers enabled so we can control which code is actually being tested.

the following can be used to do this:
ffmpeg -copyinkf -fflags nofillin+noparse -i <video> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f framecrc -y /dev/stderr

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.