[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Missing rawvideo pixel format FourCC tags

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat May 8 02:23:48 CEST 2010

On date Friday 2010-05-07 14:27:26 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 12:54:32PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Friday 2010-05-07 12:18:52 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > whats the status of the avfilter regtests?
> > > ive just commited avfilter support for ffmpeg.c so the main obstacle should
> > > be out of its way
> >
> > http://thread.gmane.org/20100322225212.GF2826 at geppetto
> >
> > |Note that many of the issued files *cannot be reproduced* by ffplay, as
> > |for many of them there is no support by nut.
> >
> > We need to find a way to tell ffplay/nut how to recognize
> > rawvideo+pixfmt files for which currently there is not a FourCC
> > defined.
>
> define one, docs/nut4cc.txt lists them
> but even without that theres no reason not to test the ones that are
> supported

Some of the missing rawvideo tags are already defined in nut4cc.txt,
for others we can follow some common pattern, for others we rely on
common sensem, for others I have no idea (maybe use some hash?).

Anyway since these are not going to be legal FourCC tags (that is they
will be used *only* by Nut) we should find some way to make them
accessible only to nut.

Follow the complete list:
yuv420p -> I420
yuyv422 -> YUY2
rgb24 -> none
bgr24 -> none
yuv422p -> Y42B
yuv444p -> none
yuv410p -> YUV9
yuv411p -> Y41B
gray -> Y800
monow -> none
monob -> none
pal8 -> WRAW
yuvj420p -> none
yuvj422p -> none
yuvj444p -> none
uyvy422 -> UYVY
uyyvyy411 -> none
bgr8 -> none
bgr4 -> none
bgr4_byte -> none
rgb8 -> none
rgb4 -> none
rgb4_byte -> none
nv12 -> none
nv21 -> none
argb -> none
rgba -> none
abgr -> none
bgra -> none
gray16be -> none
gray16le -> none
yuv440p -> none
yuvj440p -> none
yuva420p -> none
rgb48be -> none
rgb48le -> none
rgb565be -> none
rgb565le -> RGB[16]
rgb555be -> none
rgb555le -> RGB[15]
bgr565be -> none
bgr565le -> BGR[16]
bgr555be -> none
bgr555le -> BGR[15]
yuv420p16le -> none
yuv420p16be -> none
yuv422p16le -> none
yuv422p16be -> none
yuv444p16le -> none
yuv444p16be -> none
rgb444be -> none
rgb444le -> none
bgr444be -> none
bgr444le -> none
y400a -> none

Follow the list of missing tags and suggestions.
I'm using the "*" symbol to mark teh tags which are already defined in
nut4cc.txt.

rgb24 -> RGB[24]*
bgr24 -> BGR[24]*
yuv444p -> ?
monow -> MOWH ?
monob -> MOBL ?
yuvj420p -> ?
yuvj422p -> ?
yuvj444p -> ?
uyyvyy411 -> none
bgr8 -> BGR[8]
bgr4 -> BGR[4]
bgr4_byte -> ?
rgb8 -> RGB[8]
rgb4 -> RGB[4]
rgb4_byte -> ?
nv12 -> NV12
nv21 -> NV21
argb -> ARGB*
rgba -> RGBA*
abgr -> ABGR*
bgra -> BGRA*
gray16be -> [16]Y00
gray16le -> Y00[16]
yuv440p -> ?
yuvj440p -> ?
yuva420p -> ?
rgb48be -> [48]RGB
rgb48le -> RGB[48]
rgb565be -> ?
rgb555be -> ?
bgr565be -> ?
bgr555be -> ?
yuv420p16le -> ?
yuv420p16be -> ?
yuv422p16le -> ?
yuv422p16be -> ?
yuv444p16le -> ?
yuv444p16be -> ?
rgb444be -> ?
rgb444le -> ?
bgr444be -> ?
bgr444le -> ?
y400a -> ?

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Free and Freak Mysterious Portable Enlightened Generator