[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtpdec: Reordering RTP packets

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon May 17 09:00:51 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

On 05/16/2010 12:02 AM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Howard Chu recently pointed out a Youtube RTSP url that didn't work well
> with ffmpeg:
>
> rtsp://v4.cache7.c.youtube.com/CkYLENy73wIaPQlAxD6Aps4FuxMYEiASFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBWluZGV4Wg5DbGlja1RodW1ibmFpbGD82u-DktbbwUsM/0/0/0/video.3gp
>
> The audio track uses MP4A-LATM, which isn't supported at the moment, but
> the video is H.264 which should be supported, but regardless of that
> didn't work well at all.
>
> It turned out to be that this video sends H.264 RTP packets out of order,
> or at least I always received the packets shuffled.

A server that sends packets out of order looks very strange... Maybe you
are receiving them out of order because of network issues? (what happens
if you use RTP over TCP?)

Anyway, yes, reordering the received packets is very important, and
must be implemented in rtpdec...

I see you posted some updated patches, I am going to look at them
directly.

			Luca