[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtpdec: Reordering RTP packets

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon May 17 15:21:08 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:19:32AM +0300, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2010, Luca Abeni wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > On 05/16/2010 09:41 PM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > [...]
> > > So, here's a more proper implementation of RTP packet reordering.
> >
> > Just a small suggestion: I think the queue size should be configurable
> > (when I want to receive a stream with a very low latency, a lost packet
> > is sometimes better than receiving the packet after some reordering
> > delay).
>
> That's a good idea. How should the user of libavformat convey this desire
> to the rtpdec code? There's the AVFormatContext->max_delay parameter, but
> real world time doesn't map directly into a certain number of packets.
> One would have to make some kind of educated guess about the number of
> packets per second, in order to map the max_delay parameter into a packet
> queue length.

rtp packets have timestamps, dont they?

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway