[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtpdec: Reordering RTP packets

trueice trueice
Wed May 19 16:15:18 CEST 2010

Hi, Martin,

> Yes, I thought about that, too, but the Google RTSP server didn't seem to
> support TCP interleaved RTP, I get an 461 Unsupported Transport error when
> I try to set up that. And the packets always seem to arrive in a similar
> (un)order, so I get the feeling that they're sent that way.
>
> We have also found that Adobe's Flash Media Server sends dis-ordered rtmp
packets.
It's quite necessary for lavf or ffmpeg/ffplay to support reordering of
these kind of network packets.
Some API like av_interleave_packets() should work for input formats.

// Martin