[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffserver video size / aspect ratio

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri May 21 11:30:49 CEST 2010

On date Thursday 2010-05-20 11:26:20 -0700, Howard Chu encoded:
> I'd like to be able to configure ffserver with a more dynamic
> VideoSize, so that it always preserves the aspect ratio of the
> original input stream. This can be done on the ffmpeg command line
> using e.g. "-vf scale=<width>:-1"; the vf_scale filter preserves the
> aspect ratio in this case. But there's no way to specify this with
> the VideoSize option; it's parsed using av_parse_video_frame_size()
> which returns an error when width or height are <= 0. Could we
> perhaps loosen this restriction in av_parse_video_frame_size()?

Or maybe integrate filters into ffserver...

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Frightening and Foolish Multipurpose Prodigious Elitarian Guru