[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter audio API and related issues

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Mon May 24 18:06:28 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:

> > 3. The number of channels can also be stored in the filter link right? That
> > way, we will know how many of the data[8] pointers are valid.
>
> i suspect 2ch, 1ch and more channels can be intermixed
> on tv captures. (for example when a commercial starts or stops in the
> middle of a movie)

I have a large number of tv recordings (transport streams) where you can observe
2ch -> multichannel -> 2ch transitions when watching a movie (it's always ac3 in
my samples).

Carl Eugen