[FFmpeg-devel] MOD support for FFmpeg (My GSoC 2010 task starts tomorrow)

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Fri May 28 16:24:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Sebastian Vater
<cdgs.basty at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Vitor Sessak a ?crit :
>> Huh? Nothing in libavcodec?
>
> I think it's better, we decide during review phase what's best to
> move/add to lavc for that reason. ?As said, then move on...;-)
> For the beginning it's probably better to have all stuff in a single
> directory, at least that's my 2 cent on it. ;)
>
> This would also sastify Ronald's idea: First starting with #1 then move
> up to #2 (which would add stuff to lavc), if I understood you all
> correctly.

Ah yes, now I remember, Vitor wanted us to start by designing the
"sequencer API", i.e. the data format of what is output by the
"decoder" as SAMPLE_FMT_bla. I agree with Vitor and we should start
with that, while you get the "demuxer" in shape also.

Don't add a libavcomposer/, there's no need. All code can live in
libavcodec/ for the decoder, libavformat/ for the demuxer and we'll
figure out later whether the sequencer (SAMPLE_FMT_bla -> INT/FLOAT)
lives in its own dir or not. I think libavcodec/ would be fine for
that but don't care much. The header would live in libavcodec/ either
way because it's part of the definition of SAMPLE_FMT_bla, which in
itself is part of a libavcodec/avcodec.h enum.

Ronald