[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ANSI/ASCII animation decoder

Peter Ross pross
Sun May 30 11:33:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:09:24PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 03:13:00AM +1100, Peter Ross wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This was done as a proof-of-concept for Remote Imaging Protocol (RIP)
> > decoding.
> >
> > The demuxer simulates the line rate, which can be overriden using the
> > AVFormatParameters.sample_rate field (ffmpeg -ar 5000 gives a 5 kilo-
> > byte/second line speed).
> >
> > Samples: /MPlayer/incoming/ansi, or checkout the pile of floppies/cds
> > gathering dust in your closet.
> >
> > Cheers,
> [...]
>
> > +/**
> > + * Draw character to screen
> > + */
> > +static void draw_char(AVCodecContext *avctx, int c)
>
> please factor this out, we need it for our ass&utf8 subtitle renderer :)

Ok. Updated patch with char routines moved to libavcodec/cga_data.c.
The tmv decoder has been modified to use these too.

Have also moved the sauce routines into a seperate file, as they will
be used in a forthcoming patch to decode 'binary text' files.
(sauce is a metadata format for text files).

Cheers,

-- Peter
(A907 E02F A6E5 0CD2 34CD 20D2 6760 79C5 AC40 DD6B)