[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] disallow svn propedit in the svn repo to make switching to git easier

Martin Storsjö martin
Mon Nov 1 09:56:38 CET 2010

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

> Alex Converse wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Janne Grunau<janne-ffmpeg at jannau.net>
> > wrote:

> > >  if we ignore the 0.5/0.6 release branches (which can stay in svn), very
> > >  close. My scripts seem to work fine. Fixing author information for all
> > >  commits with "patch by" is reasonably complete.
> > >
> > >  The rewritten trees are stable and I've tried to compile a several very
> > >  old revisions around the manual tree fixes. Not all compiled fine but the
> > >  errors weren't related to the fixes but what you get if you try to build
> > >  sources from several years ago on a current system.
> >
> > Good to hear. What's the status on actually hosting the repository?
> > Seeing as "so far nobody signed the root duties contract in blood."
> > j-b has graciously offered to host us at VideoLAN. Is that acceptable
> > to the rest of the community?
>
> fine with me

+1, since within git, moving the repo from one url to another later isn't
all that much of an issue (if that at all is desired), hosting it on
VideoLAN now seems just fine with me.

// Martin