[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libmpcodecs libavfilter wrapper?

compn tempn
Tue Nov 2 05:06:37 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 02:00:24 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>The problem with libmpcodecs is that it isn't a library, and was never
>meant to be usable from outside MPlayer, so trying to integrate it
>into FFmpeg is a nightmare. Indeed the only way is to copy the files
>to FFmpeg and all the dependencies (vf.h, mp_msg.h, help_mp.h,
>m_option.h, m_struct.h, img_format.h, mp_image.h, mpc_info.h, vfcap.h
>etc) and somehow patch it to the build system...  and yet I have no
>idea how I can map the MPlayer log system to that of FFmpeg and looks
>more that I can withstand...

(note that i have no idea what i'm doin and to take this mail as a
joke)

probably start small:
s/mp_msg/av_log
s/MSGL_ERR/AV_LOG_ERROR
etc, then you can cross off mp_msg.h

s/MSGTR_OpeningVideoFilter/"opening video filter"
etc, then cross off help_mp-en.h

putting it into a shared repo (like swscale) seems like a lot of
trouble. but i see the problem of keeping two seperate yadif filters
sync'd too.

i guess this is a wish, just like turning libvo into a library and
having ffplay utilize it.

-compn