[FFmpeg-devel] [GIT] ready by the weekend

compn tempn
Thu Nov 18 04:54:07 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 02:00:18 +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>Maybe you could try to start the wiki page with your doubts and I, or
>other people, will try to fill the answers with the best explanations we
>could.

i think reimar is looking for something like svn-howto.txt from mplayer.

what diff output does ffmpeg like best?
what is the correct way to commit?
what is the correct way to revert?
what is the correct way to move a file?
delete a file?
fix a commit message?

svn had different ways of doing somethings and those caused problems
back in the day. it looks like git suffers from the same 'you can break
everything in one go' type commands.

does git have those pre-commit hooks like svn does? like trailing
whitespace?

-compn