[FFmpeg-devel] Important: upcoming CELT bitstream freeze!

Stefan de Konink stefan
Thu Nov 18 14:49:47 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> I foresee I can essentially totally kill CELT's prospect of taking
> over the world by writing a shit encoder in FFmpeg (compare
> Theora/Vorbis). Not that I would, but do you see my point?

The general clue that is given on the CELT development mailinglist is that
SILK and CELT both get integrated in the IETF Opus/Harmony project as
'best of both worlds'. I doubt there is any taking over the world
involved for CELT. Personally I was thinking exactly the same (regarding
the taking over the world part).

There seems to be significant interest from the industry though...

Stefan