[FFmpeg-devel] port mplayer eq filter to libavfilter

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Nov 25 18:38:04 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 10:18:21AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
[...]
> > + * FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> > + * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> > + * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> > + * (at your option) any later version.
>
> GStreamer has a LGPL variant of this. why not use that? I hate this
> "everything-is-GPL-except-the-wrapper" concept. For trivial code such
> as this, I'd almost say we should reject patches...

rejecting patches because of the FOSS license feels uhm ...
even more so if that means redoing work ...
the people who want LGPL can rewrite, re-port or contact authors for relicense

The decission about which license is the authors decission and we should accept
what we legally and morally can. We can and do include LGPL, GPL, BSD and public
domain, i see no reason to push patch submitters toward a specific choice.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato