[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libmpcodecs libavfilter wrapper?

Alex Converse alex.converse
Sun Nov 28 02:08:50 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 03:02:12PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > i think we should ask arpi, the foundation could pay him for it
> >
> > To port, or to wrap?
>
> Anything that allows us to use >=90% of the libmpcodec filters in libavfilter
> implementation should be completely up to arpi to decide

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of all this money being blown on a
wrapper. I also think if money is to be spent on this we should look
into porting filters from LGPL sources (e.g. gstreamer) or pay off the
copyright holders to LGPL the mplayer filters. I don't think it's
particularly helpful to have an LGPL filter framework with all its
actual functionality requiring the GPL.

Regards,

Alex Converse