[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-devel-irc] IRC log for 2010-09-30

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Oct 1 16:39:40 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 02:56:30PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
> > anyway, this is really becoming a problem now slowly, you cannot every day
> > attack me with lies, insults or trolling behind my back on irc and still be a
> > member of the project, this is not at all a threat from me as leader
>
> I do not recognise you as a leader.  A leader is someone who sets a
> good example for others to follow, someone other can place their trust
> in, someone who has been chosen, by voting or consensus, to be the
> leader.  A leader is not someone who shows blatant contempt for the
> very rules he wants others to follow, nor is he someone who has
> simply assumed the title.

Iam always trying to follow the rules i expect others to follow.
Its you who does break the rules continuously and claim others break them.
Just your commit 1 minute ago r25286 is a good example
you make whatever change you want to code actively maintained by others and
even though a discussion and disagreement exists at the very time.
Rule or not its expected to discuss controversal changes especially if the
maintainer is against them before commiting.

> I will continue to exercise my right to free speech, whether you like
> it or not.

you can but you cannot claim that others did things they did not. That is
not free speech.

-- Albert Einstein