[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras
Sat Oct 2 14:55:33 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 03:29:16PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> It should be fun for you to receive constructive criticism from your
>> peers, which in the case of FFmpeg, constitutes very highly skilled
>> individuals, perhaps the best in the world in multimedia, I don't see
>> how you would find it more exciting to pass the opportunity of getting
>> such valuable feedback.
>
> then you live in a cave and havnt looked out in the last years
> what is reality is that people fork ffmpeg right and left because they
> are increasingly unwilling to put up with the bikeshed reviews
>
> Trying to make it more strict than it already is will only cause more
> people to fork and hog changes never intending to push them into main

I have only recently started to follow the FFmpeg mailing list.

If your argument is any pertinent to the discussion, then what you are
saying is that there have been a lot of maintainers that forked FFmpeg
because they didn't want to submit the patches for reviewing and
receive so much bike-shedding. If that's true, can you point to any of
these forks and which maintainer started it?

--
Felipe Contreras