[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] FFmpeg leader

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Oct 2 15:17:50 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 02:25:35PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> This is untrue
> the assert changes have been discussed a long time ago with noone caring.

The idea, but not the implementation certainly. Which really left a
lot to be desired (relative to the amount of code). To me it looked a
lot like you couldn't be bothered to review your own code before
committing, in which case you could have sent a patch in the unlikely
case someone else felt inclined to do the effort.

> the per codec parameters too have been discussed and ive explained that
> i plan to implement them through a priv_avclass in AVCodec and AVOption
> access to the private context, noone disagreed from what i remember

I didn't read any of that discussion. I admit I probably wouldn't
really have reviewed a patch either, however it would have been a bit
harder to miss completely.
Not that I disagree (I can't have an opinion since I still haven't
bothered to figure out how it works - well, I could ask if there's
actually some documentation?).